If you want your smile to be healthier-looking and brighter than ever before, you should consider having your teeth bleached or whitened. The truth of the matter is that sometimes, brushing and mouthwash simply aren’t enough to wash away years of plaque and film as well as discoloration. If you suffer from those conditions, you should consider using Phillips Zoom Laser Whitening to tackle all of your dental whitening or teeth bleaching needs in one go. This amazing in-office procedure effectively brightens discolored and stained teeth within just an hour of application. It’s offered in large, trusted dental centers like Thantakit.
Phillips Zoom Laser Whitening utilizes the power of ultraviolet light. It has a great bleaching effect that will give you pearly whites worthy of celebrities. With that in mind, what exactly is Zoom Whitening and what makes it superior to other laser whitening techniques available in the market?
What Is Zoom Whitening All About?
Zoom Whitening is a brand of teeth bleaching or whitening procedure done inside the clinic or in-office. It boasts of having the ability to brighten the most discolored or stained teeth within an hour. You just need to undergo the whole process on the dentist chair, wait it out, and voila! Your teeth are now whiter.
It’s mainly the speed of the results that differentiates it from other in-office whitening techniques. It also has reformulated its peroxide gel to be safer and less prone to the infamous tooth sensitivity side effect present in all dental whitening procedures.
- Uses Ultraviolet Light: The secret to the bleaching success of Zoom Whitening roots from its bleaching or whitening gel that gets applied just enough ultraviolet light to make your enamel gleam with brightness when all is said and done. It works the same way laundry bleach makes your white t-shirt whiter through the power of the sun or how unfiltered sun rays can turn the U.S. flag on the moon completely white. The power of ultraviolet light can do wonders with your teeth as it bathes in the bleaching gel solution.
- Eight Shades of White: Your teeth can get up to eight shades whiter than before with the help of this particular procedure. It’s also many times more dependable than, for example, a home-based whitening product such as those commercial whitening strips because you’re letting a professional handle the whole thing. Your dentist knows best and won’t make mistakes when applying the gel, so you’re assured of getting up to eight shades of white or at least a few more shades of additional whiteness. It depends on what caused your tooth discoloration.
- Addressing Criticisms: A minority of people says that they aren’t impressed with the results of Zoom Whitening, with them expecting something more substantial. The majority deems the service as worth it. Those who were disappointed with Zoom say the promised result didn’t deliver as advertised or the treatment supercharges tooth sensitivity more than the bleaching process. Zoom has addressed the criticisms by changing up their gel formula for the better. Furthermore, tooth discoloration can happen again even after your teeth have been whitened.
- Regarding Tooth Sensitivity: If Zoom Whitening were still making people’s teeth become more sensitive because the bleaching process thins out the enamel more than whitening it, a large and long-trusted dental clinic like Thantakit would not be offering such service to its customers. The fact of the matter is that Zoom has gotten a bad rap over this but that’s all in the past and Zoom assures teeth safety now more than ever. Zoom is one of the premier dental whitening brands that are working hard to push the technology in the right direction when it comes to eliminating the tooth sensitivity side effect.
- Zoom Reliably Whitens: Zoom offers a decent jump in terms of dental whitening but it takes care not to exaggerate its claims to avoid being misleading with its marketing. Realistically, don’t expect Zoom to whiten stained teeth to become as white as paper but it will definitely work in one way or another. To what its extent is will vary from patient to patient. Many factors can affect the effectiveness of Zoom, after all. There are also certain types of teeth discoloration—like those within the dentin—that cannot be addressed by enamel bleaching.
- The New Zoom Gel and Is Much Safer: Most importantly, its gel has been reformulated to prevent the side effect of sensitive teeth as much as possible. This has led to more satisfied customers with fewer complaints in regards to tooth sensitivity after the procedure. Just as root canal or endodontic procedures used to have a reputation for keeping a patient in severe pain after the surgery but now are renowned for their painlessness, so too has Zoom evolved to become much safer than before.
Are You a Worthy Zoom Whitening Candidate?
You might be a worthy Zoom Whitening candidate if you fulfill the following requirements. Otherwise, you might wish to look into other methods of cosmetic dentistry or teeth restoration in order to address your discolored teeth.
- You Need Non-Restored Teeth with No Fillings and Healthy Gums: The problem with tooth restorations is that the color of filling, veneer, or crown used to restore it won’t get whitened with the assistance of bleaching even though it’s capable of whitening enamel. Your gums should also be healthy or else the gel might exacerbate your preexisting gingivitis or periodontitis on your sensitive gums that have an ongoing infection.
- You Shouldn’t Have Sensitive Gums and Teeth: In regards to the gums, it’s for the same reason that you shouldn’t have gingival infections or periodontal disease when getting your teeth whitened. Healthy gums are more capable of coming off unscathed from the procedure. Also, in light of the tooth sensitivity side effect of tooth whitening due to its use of peroxide gel, you’re only pushing your luck by bleaching already sensitive teeth with Zoom, its efforts to eliminate the side effect notwithstanding.
- You Shouldn’t Have a Peroxide Allergy: If you have a peroxide allergy then it’s a bad idea to undergo this tooth whitening procedure that specifically uses peroxide. Zoom Whitening’s reformulation of its gel to be much safer than before doesn’t involve removing its active ingredient of peroxide, after all. You could end up with more side effects than just tooth sensitivity by going through the procedure such as swollen gums, swelling and redness in the mouth areas where the peroxide made contact, trouble breathing, and so forth.
- You Shouldn’t Be Pregnant or Breastfeeding: Undergoing Zoom Whitening can be unsafe to the unborn child, so pregnant women should avoid getting their teeth whitened while carrying a baby no matter what term the baby is in. This is also the case with breastfeeding because even with the use of the gum shield in order to protect the gums from peroxide exposure, you can never be too sure and the peroxide might pass through the system and into the milk of the nursing mom.
How Much Does Zoom Whitening Cost?
At Thantakit, Zoom Whitening costs ฿12,000 normally and ฿10,000 when it’s under a special promotion. This means it costs $375 normally and $313 when using the special promo. Incidentally, $375 is what Zoom Whitening costs on average, although this will vary from place to place or area to area, particularly in places like the U.S., Europe, and Australia where dentists might charge extra.
Individual clinics offer different prices for Zoom, with some asking for extra in order to make money off of the program even though the recommended price usually falls around the $375 range. It can also vary in terms of location, as in the case of Los Angeles or Las Vegas where everything is much more expensive to make up for office rental prices. You can get this service for as cheap as $99 or as expensive as $600, but take care when choosing where to go and don’t base your choice on the price alone.
What Happens During Zoom Whitening?
Zoom Whitening is typically done on the dentist chair and lasts about an hour if everything goes smoothly. While undergoing this treatment, a peroxide gel is applied to your teeth while a rubber dam protects the rest of your mouth. Meanwhile, an overhead lamp delivers UV rays or blue plasma light in order to activate the bleaching properties of the bleach, thus whitening all the discolored areas of your teeth from front to back.
After you’ve received the procedure, you can go about your day without worries. It’s even more of a straightforward procedure than tooth fillings or tooth extraction, where you might get a bit of anesthesia and advice to eat strictly soft foods for the rest of the day or something. At any rate, you can se results from Zoom Whitening immediately, with your teeth becoming white by many shades (as many as eight shades, as mentioned earlier). Your results will depend on how severe your teeth discoloration is before treatment began.
How Long Will The Results Last?
Most patients can enjoy teeth whitening results that can last all the way to six months before requiring touch-up treatments to maintain the bleached whiteness of their teeth. The length of time the whitening will last will also depend on your lifestyle. For example, if you’re a regular coffee or tea drinker who don’t care much about your dental hygiene, you are likely to end up with yellowed or discolored teeth sooner rather than later. Here are other things you need to know:
- Food and Drinks That Can Stain Your Teeth: There are a number of foods that you eat that can shorten the length of time your Zoom Whitening remains effective because of their severe staining abilities. They include drinks like coffee, tea, and red wine as well as foods like curry and pasta sauce. If you regularly consume such foodstuff, then your doctor might recommend you either change your diet or do touch-ups every two months to keep the staining at bay. These foods are what made your teeth discolored in the first place, after all.
- You Can Affect The Results of Your Teeth Whitening Immediately: Drinking and eating staining foods, particularly after you’ve undergone treatment, can affect the whiteness of your teeth almost immediately. This is because discoloration is more significant on an already whitened tooth as though it’s a blank canvas. Stay away from any food or drink that can lead to teeth staining within 48 hours or two days of the Zoom procedure. This way, you’ll avoid letting any stains set into the newly bleached teeth.
- The Enamel Remains Porous After Bleaching: Within 48 hours, the enamel remains porous and susceptible to staining more than any other time. This actually makes it easier for staining food and drinks to dye the teeth and ruin the results almost immediately. You have to give up coffee and curry for two days if you wish to keep your porous enamel from getting penetrated by these foods and negatively affect its newly acquired whiteness. After the first few days, you can go back to drinking and eating whatever you want. Just remember you’ll still need to do touch-ups if you’re a regular tea or wine drinker.
- Whitening Toothpaste and Whitening Trays: Using whitening toothpaste can maintain your Zoom Whitening results. You can also buy home-based whitening trays from your dentists so that you can do the whitening touch-ups yourself whenever you have time to do so in your busy schedule. You can even buy commercial whitening strips for good measure, with the caveat that overdoing things might result in you getting sensitive teeth because these products use peroxide as well.
- How Often Should You Do In-Office Dental Whitening? Dentists might do touch-ups on your teeth instead of redoing the Zoom Teeth Whitening procedure because it’s not recommended that you do it for more than once a year. Even with its reformulated gel, you might really risk getting sensitive teeth and thinner enamel by overdoing your teeth bleaching for more than once a year. Avoid going to one dentist for tooth whitening then moving to another dentist for another session down the line without informing him that you’ve already got your teeth whitened within the year.
Whiten Your Teeth While Having a Vacation
Finding the right clinic for your Phillips Zoom Teeth Whitening needs is tantamount, particularly one that you can feel comfortable in and you can trust for any type of dental operation, whether cosmetic or functional. You want a satisfactory and pain-free experience. By the way, you can get this service for an affordable price that’s ultimately cost-effective because it’s also world-class in execution at the Thantakit Clinic in Thailand. You can mix business and pleasure when it comes to dental tourism trips.
It’s all through the “magic” of medical and dental tourism that makes services like teeth whitening cheaper elsewhere even when you take travel expenses into the equation. Dental tourism even includes two-way trips to the clinic so that you can get the whole thing done in one payment. The beauty of dental tourism is that you can get to visit places like gorgeous Thailand in order to get some quality vacation time simultaneously with your teeth whitening procedure, killing two birds with one stone.
Thantakit International Dental Center is Thailand’s longest established dental center. Situated in Bangkok, our clinic is renowned across the world as a destination for world-class dentistry, with most of our patients flying to us from Australia.
Please contact us today to get a FREE dental consultation.